Author Topic: McNally - Daly Family  (Read 1612 times)

Offline KevinMcNally

• Blow-in
    • View Profile
McNally - Daly Family
« on: February 14, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »
My father was born in Society Street Balinasloe in 1924. His Father was John Joseph McNally (a wood turner) and his mother was Winifred (nee Daly known locally as SIS). His siblings were Mary (Leeds now deceased) Sal (London now deceased) Frieda (Chicago) Lilly (Dublin now Leeds) Jack (London now deceased) Phyllis (London) Anthony (Chicago) . My parents divorced in the late 70's and the tie with my fathers side of the family became weak. I spend a lot of time around my mothers area in Tramore, Co. Waterford but would like to hear from any relatives on the Mcnally/Daly (or wider) side. John Joe had brothers Christopher and Matthew and a sister Mary Ann.

Offline sheelaghcraven

• Apprentice Sham
    • View Profile
McNally's
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 02:19:20 PM »
My grandmother was a McNally from Poolboy Co. Galway her father was Matthew McNally my grandmother was born December 1927 wondering if there was any relation?  I am unsure if Matthew McNally had any brothers?

Offline KevinMcNally

• Blow-in
    • View Profile
Matthew McNally
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:14:54 PM »
Quite possibly there is a link. I have just received a book in the post that shows my Grandfather John Joseph McNally who married Winifred Daly as at the 1911 census he was living with his wife and his brothers Matthew, Christopher and Stephen in Market Square. I am sure there is a Daly still living in the square now who is also a distant relation. I am sure my mother has heard a mention of Poolboy from Winnie. What was your grandmothers name.

Offline domadd1

• Junior Sham
    • View Profile
McNally - Daly Family
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 01:05:13 PM »
Kevin and Sheelagh

Lily Daly who lives in St Michaels Square Ballinasloe and who had family connections in Poolboy and Matthew McNally who lives in Garbally Demesne Ballinasloe may be able to help ye both with ye're enquiries.

Offline sheelaghcraven

• Apprentice Sham
    • View Profile
Thank you for your help
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »
Quote from: "domadd1"
Kevin and Sheelagh

Lily Daly who lives in St Michaels Square Ballinasloe and who had family connections in Poolboy and Matthew McNally who lives in Garbally Demesne Ballinasloe may be able to help ye both with ye're enquiries.

Offline sheelaghcraven

• Apprentice Sham
    • View Profile
McNally Byrne
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 02:23:17 PM »
Thank you for your help.