Author Topic: Requiescat in Pace - family notices (deaths)  (Read 209270 times)

Offline Skinner

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
Re: Requiescat in Pace - family notices (deaths)
« Reply #615 on: December 31, 2012, 02:48:01 AM »
ROBERTS, Lily (nee Whyte) (Ross, Screggan, Tullamore, Co. Offaly and formerly Birchgrove, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway) Dec. 27, 2012, (peacefully), at the Midland Regional Hospital, Tullamore (former proprietor of Tullamore Motor Works and Offaly Oil, High Street, Tullamore), predeceased by her husband Ken and son Albert; sadly missed by her daughters Velma and Joanna, brothers Oliver Whyte (Westport) and Brendan White (Roscommon), sisters Bernadette Hallinan (Craughwell), Anne Gotmalm (Sweden) and Collette MacDonagh-White (Oranmore); deeply regretted by her sons-in-law Henry and Peter, adored grandchildren Millie, Poppy and Sam and her friend Ciaran Cullen (Dublin). Reposing at her residence today (Friday) from 4 o'c. until Rosary at 8.30 o'c. Private Removal tomorrow (Saturday) to arrive in St. Colman's Church, Mucklagh, Tullamore, for 2 o'c. Requiem Mass. Burial afterwards in St. Catherine's Graveyard, Clonminch, Tullamore.

May she always inspire us.

DIVILLY (nee Gilchrist) (Brackernagh, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway, formerly Ballinaglera, Co. Leitrim) (peacefully) in the loving care of St Finbars Ward, UCHG - Dec. 27, 2012, Anne, pre- deceased by her husband Timothy; deeply loved by her daughters Bernadette (Galway), Mary Mulroy (Monasterboice), Helena, Angie (Dunboyne) and Jacinta, sons-in-law John, P.J., Johnny and Liam, partner Sharon, grandchildren Faolán, Cathal, Shauna, Sinead, Ciaran, Luke and Ben, brother-in-law Martin, nephews, nieces, grand- nephews and grand-nieces, relatives, neighbours and a wide circle of friends. R.I.P. Reposing at her residence tomorrow (Sunday) from 1 o'c. to 6 o'c. with Removal at 6.30 o'c. to St. Michael's Church. Requiem Mass on Monday at 12 noon. Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery. Family flowers only by request. Donations if desired to Ballinasloe Social Services.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:52:06 AM by Skinner »

Offline Pat Joe Guinnessy

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
    • http://guinnessypj.blogspot.com
« Reply #616 on: December 31, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
KEOGH JOSEPH (JOE) , Cleaghmore , Ballinasloe , peacefully , at his home.Deeply regretted by his loving wife Nancy , his daughters , Margie , Cathy , Trisha , Dymphna , son Sean , daughter in law Marie and his grandchildren ,nieces and nephews .
Reposing at Grenhams Funeral Home ,  Ballinasloe on Tuesday 1st January 2013 , from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Removal at 7 p.m. to St Michaels Church . Mass at 12 noon Wednesday 2nd January followed by Burial in Creagh Cemetery. May his gentle Soul Rest In Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:48:16 PM by Pat Joe Guinnessy »
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotamy

Offline Kathy T

• Blow-in
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 31, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
R.I.P. Seamus (James) McGuinness, London & form Dunlo Street.

I took the above notice from the current parish bulletin.
Seamus was the son of Joe McGuinness who worked many years ago (1940s-1950s) in Jim Cullen's Drapery in Society Street.

Thank you for posting this notice.  Seamus was my Uncle. My Mum Kathleen married and moved to England years ago and died in the mid 60's.  As my Dad remarried we lost touch.  My Aunti Betty still lives in Dunlow street and runs the church shop. My Daughter Joanna visited ealier this year. How i wish i could have visited as well.  Does anyone know the family and can tell me any stories/tales

Offline Skinner

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 03, 2013, 01:46:00 AM »
KEOGH, Joseph (Joe) (Cleaghmore, Ballinasloe) Dec. 31, 2012, (peacefully) at home; deeply regretted by his loving wife Nancy, daughters Margie, Cathy, Trisha and Dymphna, son Sean, daughter-in-law Marie, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. R.I.P. Funeral Mass this (Wednesday) morning at 12 o'c. in St. Michael's Church, Ballinasloe followed by Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery.

Offline Skinner

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 17, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »
O'NEILL (Franciscan Convent, Ballinasloe) Jan. 14, 2013, Sr. Vera FMDM; sadly missed by her sister-in-law Nancy, nieces, nephews, relatives, friends her Franciscan Sisters and Staff of the Franciscan Convent. Rest in Peace. Arriving at the Franciscan Convent today (Tuesday) for Prayers at 5 o'c. Funeral tomorrow (Wednesday) after 11 o'c. Mass to Creagh Cemetery.

Notices from the Parish Newsletter of people who died recently:

Vivian (Bevin) Griffin, St. Brendan’s Tce; Patrick Kilbane, Longford (br of Tom Kilbane, Garbally); Pansy Jones (nee Connaughton), West Sussex, late Deerpark (sr of Sheila Casey, St. Brendan’s Tce); Andrew Treacy, Ballina (uncle of Carol Derrane, Hawthorn, Creagh).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:26:30 PM by Skinner »

Offline Kintrop

• Dr of Shamology
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 17, 2013, 05:10:02 PM »
SWEENEY (nee Costello) (Portnick, Creagh, Ballinasloe) Jan. 16, 2013, (peacefully) Mary, beloved wife of the late Pat; she will be sadly missed by her loving daughters Antoinette (Haugh, Co. Tipperary) and Pauline (Molamphy, Dublin), sister Kathleen (Kearney), beloved grandchildren Ciarán, Conor, Alison, Sarah and Shane, sons-in-law Des and Chris, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, cousins, nephews, nieces, friends, neighbours and carers Vera and Joanne. Reposing at the Portumna Retirement Village, tomorrow (Friday) from 3 o'c. Removal at 6 o'c. to St. Michael's Church, Ballinasloe, arriving at 6.30 o'c. Concelebrated Mass on Saturday at 12 o'c. Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery.
The Democratic People's Republic of Creagh.

Offline Skinner

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 19, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
MONCRIEFF (nee O'Reilly) (Cleaghmore, Ballinasloe and formerly Killala, Co. Mayo) Jan. 17, 2013, at Ballinderry Nursing Home (peacefully) Mary (Molly), relict of the late Frank; deeply regretted by her loving daughter Helen, son Sean, son-in-law Teddy, daughter-in-law Bridget, grandchildren Siobhan, Sencla, Diarmuid, Keelin, Ellie and Saoirse, nephews, niece, relatives, neighbours and friends. R.I.P. Reposing at Grenham's Funeral Home, Ballinasloe this (Friday) evening from 6 o'c. Removal at 8 o'c. to St. Michael's Church, Ballinasloe. Funeral Mass tomorrow (Saturday) at 2 o'c. Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery.

GUINAN (nee Phelan) (Parkmore, Creagh, Ballinasloe and formerly Rahugh, Kilbeggan) Jan. 17, 2012, Maureen; deeply regretted by her loving husband Bertie, sons Hugh, Kevin and David, daughters Mary, Rose and Joan, grandchildren Ashley, Anthony, Safa and Sara, son-in-law Farid, daughter-in-law Angie, brothers Charlie, Eamon and John Joe, relatives, neighbours and friends. R.I.P. Reposing at her residence tomorrow (Saturday) from 3 o'c. to 7 o'c. Removal on Sunday morning to St. Michael's Church, Ballinasloe for 11 o'c. Mass. Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:27:32 AM by Skinner »

Offline Skinner

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2013, 01:07:32 AM »
BURTON, Bill (1 Woodlands, Creagh, Ballinasloe) - Jan. 18, 2013 (peacefully) at Portiuncula Hospital; sadly missed by his loving wife Jo, sons Paul and Simon, grandchildren, daughters-in-law, family circle, kind neighbours and friends. R.I.P. Reposing at Portiuncula Hospital Mortuary Chapel tomorrow (Sunday) from 4 o'c. Removal at 6 o'c to St. Michael's Church, Ballinasloe. Funeral Mass on Monday at 12 noon. Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery. Family flowers only by request. Donations if desired to Galway Hospice.

Offline Skinner

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 23, 2013, 02:48:14 AM »
DERVIN, Christina (late of 16 St. Michael's Place, Ballinasloe and Ballinderry Nursing Home, Kilconnell) - Jan. 21, 2013, in the loving care of the staff of Ballinderry Nursing Home, pre-deceased by her sons Padraic and James and daughter Patricia; deeply regretted by her sons Tom, Raymond, Jarlath, Stephen and Adrian, daughter Collette, daughters-in-law, nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. R.I.P. Reposing at Portiuncula Mortuary Chapel tomorrow (Wednesday) from 5 o'c. Removal at 7 o'c. to St Michael's Church. Funeral Mass on Thursday at 11 o'c. Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery.

Offline Skinner

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 27, 2013, 01:26:02 AM »
DOLAN, Paddy (Poolboy, Ballinasloe) - Jan. 24, 2013, in the tender care of the staff of Portiuncula Hospital, pre- deceased by his daughter Carol, beloved husband of Marie, much loved father of Dermot, Pat, Valerie, Maeve, Aidan and Kevin; brother Tony, sister-in-law Teresa, son-in-law Owen, daughters-in-law Marion, Ann Marie, Geraldine and Orla, sisters-in-law Anne and Carmel, grandchildren Sinead, Roisin, Niamh, Aoife, Shane, Marc, Eimear, Carla, Danielle and Owen, nieces, nephews, neighbours and many friends. R.I.P. Reposing this (Saturday) evening at his home from 4 o'c. to 8 o'c. Private Removal tomorrow (Sunday) to St. Michael's Church for Mass at 11 o'c. Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery.

Love leaves a memory that no one can steal.

Offline BurmaGrill

• True Sham
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »
SULLIVAN, Minnie (née Kelly) of Main Street and formerly of Minnie's Bar, Ballinasloe, Galway

Died peacefully, in Garbally View Nursing Home, Ballinasloe. Predeceased by her husband Dermot and sister Kitty. Deeply regretted by her sisters Peggy, Norrie, Rose and brother Paddy, her sister-in-law Mary and brother-in-law Joe, nieces, nephews, grandnieces, grandnephews, cousins and a large circle of friends.

Reposing in Grenham's Funeral Home, Ballinasloe, on Thursday, 31st January, at 5pm with removal to St. Michael's Church, Ballinasloe, at 7pm. Requiem mass on Friday, 1st February, at 11am with burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery.

Offline BurmaGrill

• True Sham
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 30, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »
Howley (Nee Tierney) Mai, Ard Mhuire, Ballinasloe, 29th. January 2013, peacefully in the tender and loving care of the Matron and Staff at Garbally View Nursing Home. Predeceased by her husband Jim. Deeply regretted by her loving family Maura Joyce (Laurencetown) Liam and Eamonn (Ballinasloe) and Paula Dunne (Mullingar), sons-in-law James and Peter, daughter-in-law Mary and Eamonns partner Maria, Grandchildren Aideen, David and John Joyce, Eimear Howley, Rory and Shane Dunne, nephews, nieces, relatives and friends. Reposing at her home this Thursday evening from 4 to 8o'clock. Private removal tomorrow Friday for Mass at 1pm. in St. Michael's Church followed by burial in Creagh Cemetery.

Ar Dheis De go raibh a hanam dilis

Offline damomac

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ballinasloe.org
« Reply #627 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:48 AM »
CASSIDY, Archbishop Joseph, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway; native of Charlestown, Co. Mayo, - January 31, 2013. Peacefully at his home after a long illness, surrounded by his family and friends. Sadly missed by his sisters Concie, Angela, Mary, Bernadette, Patricia and Imelda, his brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, grandnieces and grandnephews, by his many friends and and by the Bishops and Priests of the Archdiocese of Tuam and Diocese of Clonfert. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. Remains arriving at the Cathedral of the Assumption Tuam today, Friday at 5 o'clock. Reposing in the Cathedral until 10 o'clock. Funeral Mass Saturday at 12 noon in the Cathedral followed by burial in the grounds of Moore Church. Family Flowers only.

KENNEDY, (née Holloway), Mount Pleasant, Ballinasloe - January 31, 2013, Ethna; in the loving care of the staff of Hillside Nursing Home. Predeceased by her husband Michael. Beloved "mother" to her daughter Anne, son-in-law Joe, grandchildren Colin, Eavanne and Susan. Deeply regretted by her nephew, nieces, relatives, and friends. Rest in Peace. Reposing at Portiuncula Mortuary Chapel tomorrow, Saturday from 4 o'clock. Removal at 6 o'clock to St. Michael's Church. Funeral Mass on Sunday at 12.15 o'clock, burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery. Family flowers only.

www.ballinasloe.org - the Ballinasloe local history website

Offline BurmaGrill

• True Sham
    • View Profile
Dr Dermot Kelly RIP
« Reply #628 on: February 03, 2013, 09:13:52 PM »
Kelly Dr. Dermot (former Consultant Anaesthetist, Portiuncula Hospital), Lissadell, Cleaghmore, Ballinasloe - February 2nd, 2013, peacefully, at home in the loving care of his wife Patricia (Pat), devoted sons Mark, Ian, Simon and Adrian and loving grandchildren, Hannah, Conor, Marcus, Jack, Eimer, Eve, Declan, Molly, Finn and Bailey. Deeply regretted by his sister Bronach, sister-in-law Ethel, daughters-in-law Brenda, Yvonne, Sally and Melanie, nieces, nephews, neighbours and friends.

Rest in Peace

Reposing at home on Tuesday from 5pm to 8pm. Private removal on Wednesday for 12 noon Mass in St. Michael’s Church. Burial afterwards in Creagh Cemetery.

Offline Skinner

• Prof of Shamology
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 10, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »
O'BRIEN (nee McLoughlin) (Ballinasloe) Feb. 8, 2013, at Portiuncula Hospital, Mai, pre-deceased by her husband Jack; deeply regretted by her sisters-in-law, nephews, nieces, relatives and friends. R.I.P. Reposing at Portiuncula Hospital Mortuary Chapel this (Sunday) evening from 6 o'c. Removal at 7 o'c. to St. Michael's Church. Funeral Mass tomorrow (Monday) at 12 noon. Burial afterwards in Creagh cemetery.